Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, located in New Delhi, is one of the most prominent Sikh Gurdwara. It was originally a bungalow of Raja Jai Singh, an Indian ruler. The Gurudwara came into existence in 1783 as a symbol of benignant of Guru Har Krishan Sahib Ji, eighth guru of Sikhs, who saved the people of delhi from small pox in the year 1664. Guru Har Krishan Sahib Ji out of love and compassion for suffering humanity dipped his holy feet in water and poured charan amrit into small chaubacha (tank). All those who took water from caubacha were cured from the disease. Devotees with faith and devotion come from all over the world and get rid of suffering by taking a dip in the holy water.
The Gurudwara has a large golden dome and a symbolic flagpole, which can be seen from a far distance. The floors are made of marble. A kitchen and langar hall is also located within the gurudwara premises where the food is served to everyone. Apart from that a higher secondary school, a library and a hospital are also present in the gurudwara premises.