- Saturday, 16 December 2023
- Surya enters Dhanu rashi at 04:01 PM
In astrology, the Sun is considered the king of all the planets because the Sun is situated in the middle of all the planets. The period when the Sun enters from one zodiac sign to another is called the transit of the Sun. In astrological significance, Surya means 'self'. The astrological color of Sun is orange. Sun spends about 30 days in one Rashi and takes 1 year to complete all the 12 Rashi. Therefore, the transit of the Sun in houses is an important factor in predicting favorable results.
Sun transit 2023 date and time
Saturday, 14 January 2023
Surya enters Makara rashi at 08:49 PM
Monday, 13 February 2023
Surya enters Kumbha rashi at 09:48 AM
Wednesday, 15 March 2023
Surya enters Meena rashi at 06:38 AM
Friday, 14 April 2023
Surya enters Mesha rashi at 03:03 PM
Monday, 15 May 2023
Surya enters Vrishabha rashi at 11:49 AM
Thursday, 15 June 2023
Surya enters Mithuna rashi at 06:20 PM
Monday, 17 July 2023
Surya enters Karka rashi at 05:10 AM
Thursday, 17 August 2023
Surya enters Simha rashi at 01:35 PM
Sunday, 17 September 2023
Surya enters Kanya rashi at 01:34 PM
Wednesday, 18 October 2023
Surya enters Tula rashi at 01:33 AM
Friday, 17 November 2023
Surya enters Vrischika rashi at 01:22 AM
Saturday, 16 December 2023
Surya enters Dhanu rashi at 04:01 PM
Key points to understand about Sun transits in astrology:
- Zodiac Signs: The Sun moves through the twelve zodiac signs over the course of a year, spending approximately one month in each sign. This annual journey is known as the "Solar Year."
- Ecliptic Path: The path of the Sun's apparent motion across the sky is called the ecliptic. The zodiac signs are based on the Sun's position along the ecliptic.
- Influence on Personality: In astrology, the Sun sign, which is determined by the position of the Sun at the time of a person's birth, is a crucial factor in an individual's astrological profile. The Sun sign is associated with one's core identity, ego, and general personality traits.
- Transits and Timing: Sun transits have an impact on the collective astrological energies and can influence the themes and characteristics associated with a particular time of the year. For example, when the Sun transits through Aries (March-April), it is associated with the beginning of the astrological year and is characterized by qualities like enthusiasm and new beginnings.
- Solar Return: The Sun's position on an individual's birthday, known as their "solar return," is considered a significant point in a person's astrological chart. It is believed to set the tone for the year ahead and is used in predictive astrology.
- Ecliptic Obliquity: The Sun's apparent path along the ecliptic is not at a constant angle; it has a slight tilt due to the Earth's axial tilt. This is why the Sun's transit through each zodiac sign is not of equal duration.
- Effect on Other Planets: Sun transits can also influence the effects of other planetary transits. The Sun's position in the natal chart and its current transit can affect the way other planets' energies are expressed.
- Solar Eclipses: Solar eclipses occur when the Sun, Moon, and Earth align in a way that temporarily blocks the Sun's light. Eclipses are considered significant astrological events, and they often coincide with major life changes and transformations.
Astrologers pay close attention to the Sun's position and transits to gain insights into a person's personality, life events, and the collective astrological energies. The Sun's transit through the zodiac signs is one of the foundational aspects of astrological interpretation and forecasting.