What are the duties of the devotees of Shri Ganesha?
thedivineindia.com | Updated UTC time: 2022-02-21 05:01:16
Lord Ganesha who is the first worshiped in Hinduism. Shri Ganesh is considered a symbol of auspiciousness. Lord Ganesha removes all obstacles. Therefore, the supreme duty of the devotees of Lord Ganesha is to pay attention to the following things —
- Worship Lord Shri Ganesha daily and get up early in the morning to see his picture.
- Never forget to remember Lord Ganesha before starting any work.
- While making your house, house, office, do not forget to put a beautiful statue of Lord Shri Ganeshji in the niche at the door, so that you may get the privilege of seeing and remembering it all the time.
- Do not put Ganesha's mark on them or on shoes and slippers to sell tamasic items (like bidis or liquor) that are harmful to the society. The beginning of Ganesh image should not be applied on the packaging of the items sold in the market.
- Be yourself sattvik to please Lord Shri Ganesha. Do not consume tamasic substances.
- After worshiping them by making Ganesha idols of yellow clay, keep them properly in some holy place and later take them to holy rivers like Sri Ganga-Yamuna etc. and make them flow. Take full care that it should not come in the feet.
- Listen to the story of Shri Ganesh Purana through revered brahmins. Go to the Ganesh temple and worship Lord Ganesha. Chant his mantra and do sankirtana called Shri Ganesha. Walk according to Varnashrama Dharma and avoid sins. Due to this Lord Shri Ganeshji will be pleased with you and will remove all your obstacles and do your utmost welfare.
Ganesh Related Aritcles in Hinduism