Govind dev Temple is one of the major temples of Vrindavan. It is a Hindu temple located in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, Mathura, Vrindavan. This temple is a Vaishnava temple located in Vrindavan. The grandeur and beauty of this temple is magnificent. This temple is about 400 years old. This temple is also known as Govindji Temple. This temple is completely dedicated to Lord Krishna. Red stone was used in the construction of the temple. This temple was built in 1590 AD. The inscriptions of the temple provide information that the temple was built by Raja Mansingh, son of King Bhagwan Das of Amer (Jaipur, Rajasthan). The craft design of this temple was overseen under the direction of Goswami and Sanatan Guru, Kalyandas (President), Manik Chandra Chopra (Shilpi), Govind Das and Gorakh Das (Artisans).
The Govindadeva temple was severely damaged during the reign of Aurangzeb. The temple was rebuilt in 1873 AD. Sir William Moore wanted to give this temple to the Department of Archeology, but no grant for the temple was received from him. Then a letter from Jaipur Nairs was written for the reconstruction of this temple. The King then gave a grant of 5000. Sir George Cowper redesigned the temple by the month of March 1877.
In the Govindji temple, Sri Krishna Janmashtami is celebrated with much fanfare. Laddoos are offered to Lord Krishna.