Navratri is one of the holiest Hindu festivals. Navratri is the festival of Goddess Durga who is the most powerful female god of Hindu mythology. Navratri is celebrated for nine nights during which people worship Goddess Durga and Her nine forms to seek Her blessings to remove of miseries of life . Goddess Durga blesses Her devotees with Her Love, protection, fearlessness, courage and confidence and many other divine blessings.
According to the Hindu calendar, Navratri starts at the first day of the bright fortnight of Ashwin. The nine days have great religious significance as Goddess Durga, the divine mother, killed demon Mahishasura during this period.
The festival is celebrated with true devotion and purity all over the India and also abroad. People from various sections of the society irrespective of caste and creed celebrate this festival by visiting temples and offering pujas at the Mother's feet. At many places special puja of Devi are also held by setting up the images/idols of Mother Durga in beautifully decorated pandals.
Durga is also referred to as "Devi" (Goddess) or "Shakti" (energy or power). During Navaratri, we invoke this energy aspect of God within us. It is this energy, which helps God to proceed with the work of creation, preservation and destruction.
Nine days, nine indulgence
- On the first day devotees can offer pure ghee made from cow milk. This will relieve the devotees from all the diseases.
- On the second day, devotees should offer sugar to the Goddess. This will increase the life span of the devotees.
- On the third day, devotees can offer milk or the sweet kheer made from milk. This will relieve the devotees of all their sorrows and sufferings.
- On the forth day, Malpua, This will help in the brain development of the devotees and increases the discreation power of the devotees.
- On the fifth day, Bananas. This keeps the body healthy.
- On the sixth day,Honey. This makes people attract towards the devotees.
- On the Seventh day, Jaggery. This protects the devotees from the sudden misfortunes.
- On the eighth day, devotees can offer Coconut to the Goddess. This relives the devotees from all the sufferings related to their children.
- On the ninth day, devotees can offer Til or seasame seeds to the Goddess. This takes away the fear of death.
Shakti Peeth Temple
Nine forms of Durga
- Śailaputrī - Daughter of the King of Himalayas.
- Brahmachāriṇī - One who observes the celibacy.
- Chandraghaṇṭā - the one who wears the moon around Her neck.
- Kuṣhmāṇḍā - Who has universe in Her void.
- Skandamātā - the mother of Kartikeya.
- Kārtyāyanī - who incarnated to help the Devas.
- Kālarātrī - the destroyer of worst Kali.
- Mahāgaurī - one who made great penances.
- Siddhidātrī - the giver of moksha.
Aarti for Navratri Festival
#navratri2020 #chaitranavratri2020 #navratripooja2020 #navratrifood #navratrispecialfood
आप हिंदी में पढ़ सकते हैं...